Best Residency by Investment Programs For Digital Nomads
Are you a digital nomad that wants to travel the world? Whether you’re doing it for work, business, or leisure, there’s no doubt that traveling is a lifetime experience. Most foreign investors avail of citizenship or residency by investment to cross international borders for work or business purposes.
The same is true with digital nomads and freelancers. In this modern world where the demand for online work, business, and study is growing, you need to step up your game too. These digital nomads want to find a stable country where they can do work or engage in business. Let’s check out the best residency by investment programs digital nomads can avail of.
Best Residency by Investment Programs for Digital Nomads
Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda offer residency by investment programs for digital nomads. This beautiful Caribbean country launched a residency visa specifically for digital nomads. It's called the Nomad Digital Residence visa. The program gives a 2-year residency visa for freelancers.
To avail of this program, the applicant must also maintain a health insurance plan while staying in the country. Not only you get to engage in work and business in this country, but you also get to enjoy its stunning beaches and tropical climate all year too. Here are the basic requirements for the said program:
- You must own a physical address for your business or work.
- You work remotely or own a company based outside Antigua and Barbuda.
- The minimum income requirement is at least $50,000/year.
- Avail own travel and health insurance plan.
If you prefer to live in Europe, then you should avail of Portugal’s residency by investment program. This country offers temporary residence visas and permit digital nomads good for a year. The visa is renewable for up to 5 years. After 5 years, you can then apply for a permanent residency visa. Here are the requirements you need to comply with:
- Proof of financial stability (e.g. income, proof of business ownership, or income generated from your properties).
- Your income should not be less than 600 Euros per month.
- Proof of travel/health insurance plan.
- Proof that you have no criminal records.
Another European country that is a haven for digital nomads is Spain. Spain offers a residency by an investment program called a Non-Lucrative visa. This visa gives foreigners the right to stay in Spain for a year. The said visa is renewable every year. Digital nomads choose Spain because of its low cost of living, popular tourist spots filled with beaches, mountains, and cityscapes.
The main downside of this visa is that you cannot work physically in Spain. This means as a digital nomad, you must be able to support yourselves through your online work or business. Here are the basic requirements for the visa:
- Having at least 25,816 Euros as savings or around 2,151 Euros every month. This amount will serve as your financial support while staying in Spain.
- Proof that you availed Spanish health insurance.
- Get a medical certificate stating you're in Good health.
- Proof of police/FBI background check.
With regards to specific documents to submit and other requirements for the said residency by investment programs, you may consult our experts. Our immigration experts will guide you through the application process. The great news is that applications can now be done online due to pandemic. Moreover, you can also avail of some promos and discounts offered by countries.