Residency by Investment - Thailand
|COUNTRY NAME||COUNTRY CODE||CONTINENT||POLITICAL ENTITY|
|REAL ESTATE||CURRENCY||TYPE OF PROGRAM||INVESTMENT OPTION / AMOUNT|
Residency by Investment
THB 600,000 for Thailand Elite / 500 000$ for LTR Visa
|TIME TO RESIDENCY||TIME TO CITIZENSHIP||PHYSICAL RESIDENCY||RECOVERY TIME|
Thailand is a Southeast Asian country that is popular for its tourism spots, low prices, great beaches, and friendly business environment. Thailand is also highly cultural, and it is one of the fastest growing economies all over Asia. Its real estate is affordable as well as its standard of living which adds up to its charms. It is also highly attractive because of its tourism and due to its business environment.
Residency by Investment Programs
Thailand Elite membership programs
Thailand Elite was launched in 2003 by the Thai government and it’s owned by the Ministry of Tourism of Thailand. The goal of the program is to enable foreigners to long stay in Thailand with more efficiency and without much need for frequent visa renewals. What makes the programs stand up compared to the rest is that if your application is approved by the immigration (4 to 8 weeks) and you pay the membership fee, you will get your long stay visa within 7 days.
There several options for long stay in the country and they all come with privileges. Depending on the programs, foreigners are given the chance to stay within the country for up to 20 years.
Thailand Elite offers 8 membership programs for single and family applicants of duration of 5, 10 and 20 years.
Among the most popular Thailand Elite membership programs:
Thailand Elite Easy Access – 5 years membership program
It’s a popular choice for single applicants. In addition to receive a 5 years multi-entry visa, that can be upgraded to 20 years.
Member will also receive various privileges as Limousine services from/to airports 24 times a year.
24/7 member services and more
Thailand Elite Family Excursion
This program is intended for families made up of 2 or more people. The membership fee is THB 800,000 for the 2 main applicants of the same family (married couples, parents or children). This family membership program includes airport and concierge services, premium airport lounge access, partner discounts, and access to 24/7 member services
Thailand Elite Superiority Extension – 20 years program
This membership program costs THB 1 million.
LTR Visa Thailand (Long term Resident Visa Thailand)
The Thai government has introduced on September 2022, a new visa program known as the “Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa” to boost the country’s appeal as a regional hub for living and doing business for high-potential individuals. This program offers a range of tax and non-tax benefits to enhance the attractiveness of the country. Thailand is already a home to multinational corporations worldwide and a prominent tourist destination in Asia.
Thailand is an enticing location for “work from anywhere” professionals, and this visa program is anticipated to entice new foreign residents, technologies, and talents, thereby contributing to domestic spending and investment while supporting economic growth. The Thai government aims to attract one million wealthy or talented foreign residents to the country over the next five years
Advantages of Thailand LTR Visa
- 10-year renewable visa, with the possibility of a five-year extension upon meeting the necessary qualifications
- Exemption from the requirement of four Thai employees to one foreigner employee ratio
- Fast track service at international airports in Thailand
- Extension of the 90-day report to a one-year report, and exemption from the re-entry permit requirement
- Multiple re-entry permit
- Permission to work in Thailand, with the provision of a digital work permit
- Personal income tax rate of 17% for highly-skilled professionals
- Tax exemption for overseas income
- Immigration and work permit facilitation services at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit
Who is eligible to apply?
- Wealthy individuals holding at least USD 1 million in assets
- Retirees aged 50 years and older who have an annual pension or stable passive income
- Remote workers working for well-established overseas companies
- Professionals or experts in targeted industries working for business entities or higher education institutes or research centers or specialized training institutions in Thailand or Thai government agencies